Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Countdown to Race day - 4 days!  The last workout I have posted on our official training program is 10-50 meter strides.  We will not be meeting on Thursday morning, but I will be incorporating this work into our workout on Friday, so feel free to take tomorrow off.  Class on Friday will be friendly to all our racers, so don't be afraid to come.

Some Last Minute Details:

  • Confirm Registration - Make sure you print off your confirmation waiver to take with you to the expo.  You will need this to pick up your packet along with your driver's license.
  • Expo - Packet pickup is on Friday from 12pm-7pm and Saturday from 9am-5pm.
  • Pasta Party - Come join us at my house for a pre-race dinner.  There will be plenty of food, but eat smart, no need to stuff yourself to the gills!  Shoot me an email or respond to the evite so I know how much pasta to order.
  • Race morning drive down and parking: We will meet at the Summit High School Parking lot at 6:00am to caravan down to the race. We are going to try parking at the YMCA lot at 15th and Locust. Looks like there are plenty of lots that will be open and charging $5, so if that doesnt work we will figure something out.
  • Family view spot - I am having my girls and in-laws wait at
  • After the race we can all meet up at the letter "S" in the family reunion area to celebrate and listen to the band.
Good Luck!!

1 comment:

  1. This all sounds good! I think I might convince Gary to come to 5:15 bootcamp on Friday. Strides are not sprinting right? He's not wanting any hamstring pulls at this point :)

    ReplyDelete