Monday, July 25, 2011

Rumor has it that Bharaivi, Gary, and Nanette are hitting the summit track tomorrow at 5:30 am if anyone would like to join them for the Tuesday workout. You all know the warm up routine by now, just make sure you get warmed up and jog an easy lap before starting in the main set.

Tuesday Running Workout: 8-10 200meter repeats at the top of every three minutes. Translation - run 1/2 a lap hard and then rest until 3 minutes is up. Repeat this 8-10 times. The faster you run, the longer you have to rest before you run your next 200 meter.

Try to keep your 200meter runs within 3 seconds of each other, we are looking for consistent pacing at that magical speed where you run at your maximum effort that can be repeated for 8-10 times.

Good luck and report back how it went!

4 comments:

  1. The rumor is true! Come join us in the AM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did it! Nan, Lauri, Gary and I met up. We did the warm-up, an easy lap and started our 200 repeats. We did 8 of them and finished with another easy lap. We rested 2 min instead of 3 between repeats. I think we were all consistent. My times: 50, 55, 51, 51, 51, 51, 51, 51. After my 2nd 200 I figured out what I needed to do to push myself to be more consistent the other laps. Glad we got it done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what Im talking about!! Nice job people - you all make me proud:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a good workout & I'm glad I went. I was covered in sweat by the 3rd lap!

    ReplyDelete